Gauge: 2ft 3ins (685mm)
The Plynlimon and Hafan Tramway was also known as The Hafan and Talybont Railway. It ran from Llanfihangel (later renamed Llandre) station on the Cambrian Railways (between Aberystwyth and Borth) via the village of Talybont and the valley of the Afon Leri into the foothills of Plynlimon Fawr. It was built to serve the lead mines at Bwlch Glas and stone quarries around Hafan and opened in 1897, closing just three years later. The line was a little over seven miles long and despite running a short-lived passenger service, it served no communities of more than 100 people.